It’s time to once again don the swimmer and joggers, rally friends, family and work mates and take on the fun and unique way to celebrate Australia Day in 2011. The 2010 event was a sensation and the Wollongong Australia Day Aquathon is the largest swim run participation event in Australia.. Set to take place in the beautiful City of Wollongong, the 2011 event looks to be a fantastic event!
This annual Australia Day ‘splash and dash’ community fitness event is expected to attract around 2000 participants from all walks of life, from families right through to elite athletes and first timers. You can choose to fly solo in individual age category or buddy up with a friend, family member or work mate (tag team). Raise funds for charity and let’s beat the record haul of $20,000 in 2010, get fit and have a unique and fun Australia Day…
Events for all….
* Hang Dog Kids Aquafun: (6-9 yrs) / (10-12 yrs): 100-200m swim & 2km Run
* Suttle Shades SHORT AQUA: all ages 12yrs+ : 400m swim + 3km Run
* Diggies LONG AQUA: all ages 14yrs+ : 900m swim + 7km Run
* Individual and tag team in over 90 categories….safe, fun, spectacular courses
New for 2011 :
* Design tee shirt: see aquathon.com.au
* New swim groupings
* New ‘Wisdom graphics designed’ website with comprehensive details
* New Aquathon logo kids finisher medallions and winner medallions
* Process, safety and registration review for efficiency
* More sponsors, give aways and so much more
* PLus everything we love about the event, as the magic location, value packed entry, friendly atmosphere, professional services, our widely praised support crew to name but a few…
Most of all the Aquathon event committee takes pride in delivering a magic, fun day for the wider community, for kids, to adults of all ages and standards and a unique experience to kick start Australia Day. We hope you agree and look forward to welcoming you come Australia Day 2011…wednesday 26 January.
Enter now, and check out the website: aquathon.com.au