Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2009 – Entries Now Open!
If you’re still deciding, think about this
- The Gold Coast Airport Marathon is Australia’s fastest and flattest marathon course with traditionally great running conditions and amazing scenery. The internationally accredited course is closed to traffic. Average temperatures can range from 10 degrees Celsius (6am) to 23 degrees Celsius (12pm).
- It is held on the beautiful Gold Coast – one of Queensland’s, Australia’s and the World’s premier holiday destinations.
- There is an event for all your friends and family – Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km Run, 5km Run/Walk and Junior Dash.
- The experience and atmosphere will leave lasting memories including musical entertainers around the course, huge crowds along the finish chute grandstands, and additional social events like the Asics Sport & Leisure Expo and Legends Motivational Carbo Lunch.
- There will be self-seeding start zones so runners can position themselves with other similar-paced runners to ensure a smooth start.
- Marathon runners can include a personalised name on their race bib so the crowd can cheer their name or nickname. It is also a great souvenir of the occasion.
- There will be Aid Stations providing hydration including Water every 2.5km and Endura sports drink every 5km. Marathon runners can supply their own personal refreshments for positioning at every 5km Aid Station.
- If you have a finish time goal in the Marathon or Half Marathon, you can run with a PatCarrollOnline.com ‘Pace Runner’.
- There will be Medical support on course and at the finish including a free post-race massage service for Marathon runners.
- There will be electronic race timing including live-to-web 5km splits in the full Marathon so family and friends at home can track your progress.