Stretching is the lengthening of the muscles with the help of bending the body in various positions. To achieve stretching of muscles, there are various stretching exercises designed. Stretching exercises doesn’t only stretch your muscles but there are other benefits as well.
Some other benefits of stretching are:
- Your body becomes more flexible.
- Mobility of the joints is increased as well.
- The posture, circulation and movement range of joints and limbs is also improved.
- Injuries that might occur due to other exercises, weightlifting or sports are also prevented.
- It also helps in relieving stress.
In recent studies it has been proved that those whose body is flexible have little tendency of damaging the muscle fiber during an activity that involves putting extra stress on the muscles. Flexible body is less likely to get soreness after performing an intense exercise. This is the reason that stretching exercises should be incorporated in your daily workout routine.
Before starting with a stretching routine and carrying it out daily there are few stretching techniques that you should know about and keep them in mind when performing a stretching workout routine:
1. Warming up is very important before doing up a stretching exercise. For this you should do a light cardio exercise such as walking for about five minutes.
2. When doing a stretching exercise it is important that you breathe normally and not try to hold your breath while performing a stretch.
3. You should focus on the stretching muscle when doing a stretching exercise. Do not distract and focus your mind on other things. Concentrate on what you are doing and for which part.
4. Make sure that you do not stretch your muscles to the point where they feel pain. If you do so you can injure the connective delicate tissues.
5. The stretching should be done in slow and gentle movements. Do not do in forceful and bouncy movements as it can damage the tissues and joins.
6. Before moving on to a workout session, you should perform a workout session before and after the workout as stretching is a good way to prepare for a workout and a best way to cool down your body after a tiring workout session. Stretching is very relaxing and soothing.
One of the basic stretching techniques is to hold the stretch for about 10 to 15 seconds. Although many hold it for a longer duration, it is recommended not to hold it for a longer time as it can cause over stretching of joints and tendons.
Finding the perfect Workout Routines takes time and effort. These best workout routines is a great place to start if a person is interested in flat abs. The P90X workout routines is also another workout that will help develop flat abs.